First Time Sign Up
Welcome to First Federal Savings Online Banking. First Federal Savings offers the benefits and convenience of Online Banking and Bill Payment to you with no monthly service charge. Now you can bank 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere you have access to a computer and the Internet. Available services include:
- Account Summaries
- View Transactions
- Transfer Funds
- Make Loan Payments
- Free Online Bill Pay
First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Newark Online Banking
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all device hardware, software, and Internet access services necessary for you to perform Online Banking. First Federal Savings will not be responsible for any errors of failures from the malfunction or failure of your hardware, software, or any Internet access services.
A personal device with Internet access, an email address and a First Federal Savings account are required to get started.
For your Internet browser, you will need either Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11; Safari 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0; Google Chrome (up to current version); Mozilla Firefox (up to current version); and Opera (up to current version).
Internet Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement (Sometimes hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement").
The following Agreement describes your rights and obligations as a user of Online Banking and/or the Bill Payment Service as well as the rights and obligations of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Newark ("First Federal Savings"). Please read this Agreement carefully. As an authorized account holder you must abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and those agreements provided to you at the time your account was opened.
Customer Disclosure and Agreement to Receive Electronic Communications
By selecting the "I Accept" button below, you are (1) acknowledging your receipt of the information listed below, (2) agreeing that any contract you enter into with First Federal Savings for the provision of Online Banking, may be in electronic form, and (3) agreeing that information that may be delivered in connection with Online Banking may also be in electronic form.
You are also acknowledging, by selecting the "I Accept" button below, receipt of the Agreement and the following information and agree that:
- You will check your email regularly for notices from First Federal Savings.
- You are providing accurate, current and truthful registration and contact information (including your email address) and that you will keep this information up-to-date with First Federal Savings.
- We may provide you with this Agreement and any revisions and amendments thereto in electronic form, and that, if you choose to accept the Agreement, you are consenting to enter into and are entering into an Agreement electronically that will govern all future transactions you conduct using Online Banking.
- We may provide you revisions and amendments to the Agreement and such other information, including but not limited to information under Regulation E, Funds Availability and under other applicable banking or financial services laws or regulations in connection with Online Banking, electronically as a part of the Agreement or otherwise as a part of the services. While you may print and retain a copy of the Agreement or any information provided to you in relation to Online Banking, we only provide these documents electronically.
- You have a right at any time to withdraw your consent to receive information electronically. However, because the Agreement and the information are provided only in electronic format, your withdrawal of consent will terminate this Agreement and all Online Banking.
- If you wish to withdraw consent to receive information electronically, to terminate all Online Banking services, or to update your information such as an address or email address, you will write a letter requesting any of the above and send it to:
Explanation of Terms
The following definitions apply in this Agreement:
Access to Services
First Federal Savings will provide online instructions describing how to use the Online Banking. To gain access to Online Banking you will need your Username and your Password.
Hours of Operation
Online Banking is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during special maintenance and upgrade periods.
Using Your Security Password
As part of First Federal Savings' security measures, related to Online Banking, you will be required to change your password at least one time every three (3) months. You agree not to allow anyone to gain access to Online Banking or to let anyone know your password used with Online Banking. You agree to assume responsibility for all transactions initiated through Online Banking with your First Federal Savings Username, up to the limits allowed by applicable law. While First Federal Savings continues to provide our customers with the level of online security we believe necessary and appropriate, customers who share their Username and passwords are giving up the full benefit of our security measures and legal protections to which they might be entitled.
No First Federal Savings employee will ever call and ask for your Username or Password.
Lost or Stolen Passwords
If your password has been lost or stolen or is known by someone other than you please call First Federal Savings immediately at 1-800-783-3494, Online Banking, Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM. During closed hours please leave a voice message so we can contact you the next business day. Telephoning First Federal Savings is the best way of minimizing your losses. You may also restore the security of your Online Banking by immediately changing your password. If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or is known by someone other than you and you notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your password to conduct unauthorized electronic funds transfers without your permission. If you do NOT notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password to conduct unauthorized electronic funds transfers without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
In addition to viewing account information, you may use Online Banking to conduct the following transactions:
- Transfer funds between your First Federal Savings accounts (checking, savings, money market)
- Make payments to your loan or line of credit account
- Initiate Bill Payments
- Deposit checks via Mobile Deposit
NOTE: Because regulations require First Federal Savings to limit preauthorized transfers (including Online Banking transfers), the following limitations apply:
- Statement/Passbook Savings Accounts: You can make no more than six (6) transfers per statement period by pre-authorized, automatic transfer, telephone transfer or Online Banking.
- Money Market Account: You can make no more than six (6) transfers per statement period by pre-authorized, automatic transfer, telephone transfer, Online Banking, check, draft or debit card.
New services may be introduced for Online Banking from time to time and at any time. First Federal Savings will notify you of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules that will be made available to you concerning these services.
Bill Payment Service
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions statement after accessing the Bill Payment Service in Online Banking.
You will continue to receive your regular account statements either monthly or quarterly, depending on the type of account.
If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, notify First Federal Savings immediately at 1-800-783-3494 or send a letter describing the unauthorized transfers to:
First Federal Savings
Attention: Savings Operations
P.O. Box 4460
Newark, Ohio 43058-4460
If you do not notify First Federal Savings within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not recover any money lost after the sixty (60) days which would not have been lost if First Federal Savings had been notified within this sixty (60) day time limit.
Errors and Questions
In case of errors or questions regarding your Online Banking or Bill Payment transactions or if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on your statement, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed below as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. Your communication with us in this regard, either made orally or in writing, must:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the date and dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or questions in writing within 10 business days of the date you contact us.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we will not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sales, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation, by sending a written request to the following address:
First Federal Savings
Attention: Savings Operations
P.O. Box 4460
Newark, Ohio 43058-4460
You agree that First Federal Savings may respond to you by email with regard to any claim of unauthorized electronic fund transfer related to Online Banking. Any such electronic mail sent to you by First Federal Savings shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the date sent by First Federal Savings.
Limit of First Federal Savings' Responsibility
First Federal Savings agrees to make reasonable efforts to ensure full performance of Online Banking. First Federal Savings will be responsible for acting only on those instructions sent through Online Banking, which are actually received, and cannot assume responsibility for circumstances over which First Federal Savings has no direct control. This includes, but is not limited to the failure or malfunctions in communication facilities which may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send. First Federal Savings is not responsible for any losses should you give incorrect or incomplete instructions or if your payment instructions are not given sufficiently in advance to allow for timely payment or delays in mail service.
Any information provided by First Federal Savings to you is provided on a best-efforts basis for your convenience and is not guaranteed to be accurate and complete. First Federal Savings is not liable for any deficiencies in the accuracy, completeness, availability, or timeliness of such information or for any investment or other decision made using this information.
First Federal Savings is not responsible for any fees incurred for Internet access, or for any computer virus or related problems that may be attributable to Online Banking provided by any Internet access service provider.
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining, and operating all device hardware and software, and Internet access services necessary for you to perform Online Banking. First Federal Savings will not be responsible for any errors or failures from the malfunction or failure of your hardware or software, or any Internet access services.
The limit of First Federal Savings liability shall be as expressly set forth herein. You agree that under no circumstances will First Federal Savings be liable in contract, tort, or otherwise for any loss, property damage, bodily injury, or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, compensatory, consequential or economic damages, whether or not foreseeable, arising in any way from any Online Banking or any services related thereto, unless otherwise stated herein. By consenting to use Online Banking, you agree to waive any and all right to any of the damages described above, and you acknowledge that the limit of your remedy is as otherwise expressly set forth herein.
First Federal Savings' Responsibility
First Federal Savings will be responsible for your actual losses if they were directly caused by our failure to complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to the Agreement.
- Through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- You have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit.
- Circumstances beyond our control (e.g., fire, flood, power outage, computer virus or related problems, mail delivery delays, equipment or technical failure or breakdown) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There is a hold on your account or if access to your account is blocked in accordance with banking policy.
- Your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transfer.
- Your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law.
- You believe someone has accessed your accounts without your permission and you fail to notify First Federal Savings.
- You have not properly followed the scheduling instructions, included in this Agreement, to make a transfer or the payee refuses the transaction.
- For the failure of any payee to correctly account for or credit the payment in a timely manner.
- We have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer.
- For changes to the payee's address or account number (unless you have advised us of the change within three (3) business days in advance).
- We have reason to believe that unauthorized use of your password or account has occurred or may be occurring, or if you default under this Agreement, the Deposit Account Agreement, a Credit Agreement, or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement.
There may be other exceptions stated in this Agreement and in other agreements with you. In no event shall we be liable for damages in excess of your actual loss due to our failure to complete a transfer, and we will not be liable for any incidental, consequential, special, indirect or economic damages.
If any of the circumstances listed above shall occur, we shall assist you within reasonable efforts in taking appropriate corrective action to reprocess the transactions that may not have been completed or to correct erroneous transactions that have been processed.
Electronic Mail (Email)
If you send First Federal Savings an electronic mail message First Federal Savings will be deemed to have received it on the following business day. Emails will be answered within a reasonable time frame.
You should not rely on email if you need to communicate with First Federal Savings immediately (e.g., report an unauthorized transaction or place a stop payment).
You agree that First Federal Savings may respond to you by email with regard to any matter related to Online Banking, including responding to any claim of unauthorized electronic funds transfers that you make. Any such email sent to you by First Federal Savings shall be considered received within three (3) days of the date sent by First Federal Savings.
Internet banking alerts allows you to set up automated alert events. You may select alert events that apply to your account from a list of alert event categories established by First Federal Savings. You are notified by email that an account alert event is in your Online Banking Message Box within the Internet Banking site. Email notification will be sent to the email address you provide when creating the alert event. Alert events can also be sent to the mobile phone number you provide. With respect to alert events, you understand and agree that:
- First Federal Savings may from time to time add or remove types of alerts available to be used by you on the list of alert categories.
- If you change your email address or mobile phone number you are responsible for changing this in the alerts you have already set up.
- Alerts may be delayed or prevented for a variety of reasons.
- We do not guarantee the delivery or validity of the contents of any alert.
- We shall not be liable for any delays, delivery failure or misdirected delivery of any alert.
- We shall not be liable for any actions taken or not taken by you or anyone else in reliance of an alert.
- First Federal Savings will never include your password or full account number in an email alert; however you understand that alerts may include your name and some information about your accounts.
- Unfulfilled events (events that do not happen) will only remain on the system for 999 days. You will not be notified when they are removed.
- Distributed events (events that have happened and have been viewed) will remain on the system for 30 days.
In addition to this Agreement, you and First Federal Savings agree to be bound by and comply with the requirements of the agreements applicable to each of your Online Accounts. Your use of Online Banking is your acknowledgement that you have received these Agreements and intend to be bound by them. You should review other disclosures you received when you opened your accounts with First Federal Savings, including the charges that may be imposed for electronic funds transfers or the right to make transfers listed in the fee schedules accompanying those disclosures and the fee schedule at the end of this Agreement. All terms and conditions of the disclosures provided to you at account opening, including but not limited to, the Truth-in-Savings, Regulation E, Funds Availability, Deposit Account Agreement, and Conditions apply to Online Banking.
First Federal Savings may modify the terms and conditions applicable to Online Banking from time to time, or at any time, upon mailing or delivering a notice of the modifications to you at the address we have on record, and the revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest date allowed by applicable law. We may send any notice to you via electronic mail and any such notice shall be considered received within three (3) days after it was sent. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of Online Banking in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
You may request a copy of First Federal Savings' Privacy Statement at any of our branches or one can be mailed to you by calling 1-800-783-3494 or by writing a letter requesting a copy of the statement and sending it to:
First Federal Savings
Attention: Online Banking
P.O. Box 4460
Newark, Ohio 43058-4460
You are responsible for complying with all the terms of this Agreement and with the terms of the Agreement governing the deposit accounts which you access using electronic banking services. We have the right to terminate your Online Banking privileges (including the Bill Payment service) under this Agreement without notice to you for any reason; or if you do not pay any fee required by this Agreement when due, if you do not comply with the Agreement governing your deposit or loan accounts, or your accounts are not in good standing.
We may convert your account to inactive status if you do not sign on to Online Banking or have any transaction scheduled through Online Banking during any consecutive 180-day period. If your account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have Online Banking activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through Online Banking.
To cancel your ability to use the Online Banking, you must notify First Federal Savings. Your notification must include your name, address, and the effective date to stop Online Banking. You may notify First Federal Savings by one of the following methods:
- By emailing [email protected]
- By calling 1-800-783-3494 (Online Banking)
- By sending a letter to:
First Federal Savings
Attention: Online Banking
P O Box 4460
Newark, Ohio 43058-4460
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Ohio and applicable federal laws.
First Federal Savings offers the benefits and convenience of Online Banking and Bill Payment to you with no monthly service charge. Account research, stop payment charges and overdraft charges will be assessed at the rates published in our Fee Schedule and deducted from your First Federal Savings account.
All fees are subject to change. In the future, fees may be charged for Online Banking Services. First Federal Savings will notify you in writing regarding any fee changes or additions at least 30-days in advance of the effective date of these changes.