We are passionate about our work
Zealous in going the extra mile to help each and every customer succeed. Committed to providing our staff with the training and support they need to face every challenge as an exciting opportunity for growth.
We’re always on the lookout for hard-working and dedicated individuals who share our whole-hearted commitment to our community and will work tirelessly to seek out new ways to provide for our customers.
What we look for
A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic and detail-oriented.
A passion for helping people.
A love of connecting to customers and the community through service and selling.
A willingness to dig in and contribute.
A personal style that is neat, tidy and professional.
Current openingsDownload application forms
Job Type Full-time
The teller position at First Federal Savings serves as a highly visible representative of the Company to customers. The teller works closely with other tellers and customer service representatives to serve customers with the highest level of service and to cultivate new relationships and nurture existing relationships.
The teller position of First Federal Savings reports to the appropriate Customer Service Supervisor, who reports to the Branch Manager.
- Deliver the highest level of service to First Federal’s customers, while adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Serve as one of the “faces” of First Federal to customers, exhibiting a sense of confidence and professionalism
- Assist and address customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and understanding, partnering with colleagues on the teller line as well as in Operations in order to direct the customer to the appropriate individual
- Solve basic problems and answer fundamental customer inquiries in a pleasant way, including questions regarding account balances, CD maturity dates, and simple “Profile 1” information
Product and Service Promotion
- Maintain a basic understanding of First Federal’s products and services, including a working knowledge of all service fees and charges, the difference between ATM and debit cards, in order to adequately converse with customers about them
- Have a working knowledge of how to accurately quote savings rates, how to explain First Federal’s Truth In Savings disclosure to customers, as well as why, from a compliance perspective, the rate quote and disclosure work together
- Prepare accurately and document transaction tickets and address change forms
- Engage appropriate individuals at First Federal for problem solving and trouble-shooting, including Savings Operations, Loan Servicing, customer service staff, and branch managers, in order to adequately and professionally address more complex customer inquiries
- Advocate proactively First Federal’s products and services to non-customers, including deposit and loan products, without the responsibility of opening accounts
Transaction Management and Cash Handling
- Manage a cash drawer with maturity and the highest level of integrity
- Adhere to all First Federal security policies and procedures, particularly when they apply to opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and cash drawer limits
- Balance drawer accurately using both ClearTouch Teller and manual balance sheets, with an understanding of credits and debits and an ability to detect balancing errors
- Execute daily transactions for First Federal’s customers, including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, monetary instruments, night deposits, mail, and loan payments
- Process accurately the savings bond redemptions, as well as the sale of monetary instruments while completing and sending all documentation to the Accounting department
- Understand completely First Federal’s policies and procedures regarding check cashing, including check negotiability, check holds, and fraudulent checks
- Navigate easily through basic ClearTouch screens, including ClearTouch Teller, Customer Source, Profile 1, and customer histories, in order to address simple account inquiries, while on alert for flags, red flags, and messages, knowing when to ask for assistance
- Create, scan, and submit checks via Web Capture for processing
Regulatory and Compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, recognizing the necessity to accurately complete a CTR or monetary instrument log for all transactions involving cash of $3000 to $10,000, and over $10,000
- Recognize suspicious activity and take appropriate action with the correct officer
- Have a working knowledge of Regulation CC and First Federal’s Funds Availability policy, with the ability to complete hold notices
- Understand First Federal’s Customer Identification Program according to the USA Patriot Act and know what the minimum requirements are to satisfy proper identification, as well as what are acceptable forms of identification
- Recognize red flags in regards to identity theft and contact the appropriate person at First Federal to address this issue
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality when working with customers and have a basic knowledge of First Federal’s privacy policies and procedures, including who may have information regarding accounts
- Have a clear understanding and appreciation for First Federal’s Information Security and Internet/Intranet policies and procedures, as well as what steps to take if an information security breach does happen
- Be aware of the Community Reinvestment Act and where First Federal maintains its public file, while tactfully referring the inquiring individual to a branch manager or officer
- High school diploma preferred
- Previous teller or cash handling experience is preferred
- A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic, and detail-oriented
- Character defined by honesty, kindness, and collaboration
- A personal style that is neat, tidy, and professional
- Working knowledge of computer and office equipment operation
First Federal Savings is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. First Federal does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental ability, status as a disabled veteran or any other classification protected by law.
About First Federal Savings
WHO WE ARE
Determined Competitor. At First Federal Savings, we established our bank in the heart of the Great Depression with an unbending commitment to overcome. We’ve endured through the hardest times, and we are not going anywhere. We remain a stable leader in our community through our strong competitive products and services, and smart decision making. Our confident team of knowledgeable experts learns from the past and drives forward solutions to allow our customers to thrive and grow with us through time and challenges. Our strength and determination to go above and beyond grows our reputation and builds towards a prosperous future.
Friendly Confidant. We respond to staff, customer, and community needs with attentive care and compassionate investment. We have a big heart for the real and raw needs of people and personally invest our time and money in the causes of the community. Our relational approach, honest services and dependable products earn people’s trust and confidence, protect customer accounts, and provide the ongoing one-to-one support people need to achieve their personal financial goals.
Optimist. We bring an attitude of optimism and energy to banking and the customer experience. We love coming to work, and we hope that our positivity is contagious. Life is about relationships, and we’re motivated every day by the enduring friendships that we’ve formed over decades. We are engaged in the lives of our customers and each other, pursuing our passion for meaningful change in every interaction and investment. Our enthusiasm is unfazed by change or challenge. We see the opportunity in both successes and difficulties and work as a cohesive team to drive forward opportune solutions, in order to attract and retain employees and customers.
WHAT WE DO
First Federal is a community-oriented financial institution that proactively builds relationships by providing unmatched customer service in delivering mortgage loans and retail deposit services to all demographics, while ensuring the strength of the institution.
WHY WE DO IT
To provide valuable opportunities and strengthen our communities.