We are passionate about our work
Zealous in going the extra mile to help each and every customer succeed. Committed to providing our staff with the training and support they need to face every challenge as an exciting opportunity for growth.
We’re always on the lookout for hard-working and dedicated individuals who share our whole-hearted commitment to our community and will work tirelessly to seek out new ways to provide for our customers.
What we look for
A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic and detail-oriented.
A passion for helping people.
A love of connecting to customers and the community through service and selling.
A willingness to dig in and contribute.
A personal style that is neat, tidy and professional.
Current openingsDownload application forms
The Customer Service Representative/Teller position at First Federal Savings serves as a highly visible representative of the Company to customers. The Teller works closely with other tellers and customer service representatives to serve customers with the highest level of service and to cultivate new relationships and nurture existing relationships.
The teller position of First Federal Savings reports to the appropriate Customer Service Supervisor, who reports to the Branch Manager.
- Deliver the highest level of service to First Federal’s customers, while adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Serve as one of the “faces” of First Federal to customers, exhibiting a sense of confidence and professionalism
- Assist and address customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and understanding, partnering with colleagues on the teller line as well as in Operations in order to direct the customer to the appropriate individual
- Solve basic problems and answer fundamental customer inquiries in a pleasant way, including questions regarding account balances, CD maturity dates, and simple “Profile 1” information
Product and Service Promotion
- Maintain a basic understanding of First Federal’s products and services, including a working knowledge of all service fees and charges, the difference between ATM and debit cards, in order to adequately converse with customers about them
- Have a working knowledge of how to accurately quote savings rates, how to explain First Federal’s Truth In Savings disclosure to customers, as well as why, from a compliance perspective, the rate quote and disclosure work together
- Prepare accurately and document transaction tickets and address change forms
- Engage appropriate individuals at First Federal for problem-solving and troubleshooting, including Savings Operations, Loan Servicing, customer service staff, and branch managers, in order to adequately and professionally address more complex customer inquiries
- Advocate proactively First Federal’s products and services to non-customers, including deposit and loan products, without the responsibility of opening accounts
- Manage a cash drawer with maturity and the highest level of integrity
- Adhere to all First Federal security policies and procedures, particularly when they apply to open and closing procedures, cash handling, and cash drawer limits
- Balance drawer accurately using both ClearTouch Teller and manual balance sheets, with an understanding of credits and debits and an ability to detect balancing errors
- Execute daily transactions for First Federal’s customers, including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, monetary instruments, night deposits, mail, and loan payments
- Process accurately the savings bond redemptions, as well as the sale of monetary instruments while completing and sending all documentation to the Accounting department
- Understand completely First Federal’s policies and procedures regarding check cashing, including check negotiability, check holds, and fraudulent checks
- Navigate easily through basic ClearTouch screens, including ClearTouch Teller, Customer Source, Profile 1, and customer histories, in order to address simple account inquiries, while on alert for flags, red flags, and messages, knowing when to ask for assistance
- Create, scan, and submit checks via Web Capture for processing
Regulatory and Compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, recognizing the necessity to accurately complete a CTR or monetary instrument log for all transactions involving cash of $3000 to $10,000, and over $10,000
- Recognize suspicious activity and take appropriate action with the correct officer
- Have a working knowledge of Regulation CC and First Federal’s Funds Availability policy, with the ability to complete hold notices
- Understand First Federal’s Customer Identification Program according to the USA Patriot Act and know what the minimum requirements are to satisfy proper identification, as well as what are acceptable forms of identification
- Recognize red flags in regards to identity theft and contact the appropriate person at First Federal to address this issue
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality when working with customers and have a basic knowledge of First Federal’s privacy policies and procedures, including who may have information regarding accounts
- Have a clear understanding and appreciation for First Federal’s Information Security and Internet/Intranet policies and procedures, as well as what steps to take if an information security breach does happen
- Be aware of the Community Reinvestment Act and where First Federal maintains its public file, while tactfully referring the inquiring individual to a branch manager or officer
Locations & Hours
- The Main Office of First Federal Savings is located at 2 North Second Street in Newark. First Federal also has offices on 21st Street in Newark, Heath, Pataskala, Gahanna, and Granville. Hours are generally 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, and Saturdays from 8:30 AM-12:00 PM.
Key Qualifications, Competencies, and Attributes
- High school diploma preferred
- Previous teller or cash handling experience is preferred
- A work ethic that is focused, motivated, mature, energetic, and detail-oriented
- A character defined by honesty, kindness, and collaboration
- A personal style that is neat, tidy, and professional
- Working knowledge of computer and office equipment operation
First Federal Savings is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. First Federal does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental ability, status as a disabled veteran or any other classification protected by law.
Please download and complete the application and self-ID of disability forms above by clicking on the "Download Application Forms" button. Attach both, along with your resume by clicking below on "Apply Online".
The Loan Officer of First Federal Savings serves as a highly visible representative of the Company to customers and the community. The Loan Officer works closely with the Senior Vice President, Credit Underwriting and other loan officers to cultivate new relationships and nurture existing business relationships.
The Loan Officer reports to Brian Murray, Senior Vice President. Currently, there are no direct reports to the Loan Officer.
- Seek proactively, generate and manage a large portfolio of strong, high quality residential and commercial mortgage loans, minimizing loan risk for the Company
- Manage and execute the loan process from origination to closing with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Prepare and present qualified loans to four-member Loan Committee for approval
- Collaborate and communicate with various parties throughout the loan process, including customers, underwriters, loan processing, loan servicing, title companies, realtors, and appraisers
- Generate creative loan solutions for customers, maintaining regulatory compliance and keeping customers’ best interest at heart
Community Relations & Outreach
- Serve as one of the “faces” of the Company to customers, prospective customers, associates, and the community
- Participate in various events and philanthropic activities as a representative of First Federal in order to create goodwill for the Company
- Maintain a membership in good standing with service organizations to create and nurture new and existing business relationships
- Focus on cultivating new relationships and expanding existing relationships with customers by cross-selling products, with the customers’ best interest as top priority
- Partner with Retail Branch staff to advise customers on all financial solutions at First Federal with a knowledgeable, yet understandable, communication style
- Assist and address customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and understanding
- Collaborate with branch associates to maintain the highest level of service for customers
- Work with associates in a professional, inspiring manner that creates an environment that is honest, energetic, and motivating
- Ensure that all loans are aligned with First Federal policies and procedures, maintain regulatory compliance, and are in service of the vision
Key Qualifications, Competencies, and Attributes
- Relevant Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required
- An operational style characterized by honesty, collaboration, and kindness
- A communication style defined by diplomacy, enthusiasm, and eagerness to engage with associates, customers, and prospective customers
- A proven work ethic characterized by professionalism, maturity, and motivation, with a strong detail-orientation and an ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
First Federal Savings is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. First Federal does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental ability, status as a disabled veteran or any other classification protected by law